Do I have to provide this information?
In most cases the personal information you provide to us in the table above is entirely voluntary. You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide it to us.
However, in some instances, we will require information about you:
- Where you work for a company which has a contract with Oldham Seals and you are involved in the performance of that contract/named as the relationship manager for that company. This is a contractual requirement. If you fail to provide your personal information your company may not be able to fulfil its contractual obligations to us;
- Where you apply for a job with Oldham Seals, our offer is likely to be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK. This is a legal requirement. If you fail to provide this personal information we may not be able to offer you employment.
Keeping your personal information up to date
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or there are any changes to your personal details, please contact us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or incomplete.
Providing us with personal information of another person
If you need to provide us with personal information about another person you must obtain that individual’s express consent to pass us their information. You should share this notice with those individuals as it may also apply to them.
Marketing to companies and corporate bodies
We will communicate information about our products and services to companies and corporate bodies (forming a view of what those recipients may need, or want or what may be of interest). We consider this to be in our legitimate interests which are balanced (not overridden) by the interests and fundamental rights of any identified individual. [For any calls we make to companies and corporate bodies, we will screen the number we hold against the Corporate Preference Service and will provide the recipient with an option to stop further calls. Our calls will not be recorded unless the individual on the call has given specific consent.] For any emails we send to company and corporate bodies, we will offer a route to unsubscribe from those communications/allow individual employees to unsubscribe. This option to unsubscribe can be exercised at any other time by contacting us at email@example.com Where an individual unsubscribes we will still process his/her personal data to fulfil a product or service made by the company/corporate body (and we have a lawful basis for doing so).
Marketing to other individuals identified in this notice
We will not use your personal information to directly market our products and services to you.
If you send personal information to us indirectly through the third parties we work with (marketing agencies, promoters, talent acquisition and recruitment agents) these third parties will be in control of your personal information. You should check their privacy notices to ensure you’re comfortable with their marketing activities and the marketing you have consented to.
Automated decision making
We do not make any decisions about you using automated electronic processes.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above:
- Our group companies Oldham Seals Limited, registered no. 806906, ‘O’ Rings Limited, registered no. 1030234.
- Carefully selected third parties who provide a service to us to support our core operations, such as: processing our mail, communicating with customers and prospective customers on our behalf (including via social media), running promotions, providing IT systems and administrative services and the development and improvement of internal systems and processes;
- Competent authorities (statutory bodies, regulatory authorities, authorised bodies who have a role laid out by law);
- Other organisations where we are legally obligated to disclose your personal information (such as requests made in the prevention and detection of crime) or where disclosure is necessary to protect the property, rights and safety of us and our staff;
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice;
- Other companies where we are trialling products and services which we consider may improve our offering to customers and/or our business processes; and
- Other third parties where you have given your express consent or where we reasonably believe a third party is acting on your behalf.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Lynn Judge or Debbi Miller (PAs to Joint Managing Directors) in writing.
We need to make you aware that even where you exercise a right detailed above, we may not be able to comply with that request if an exception in law applies. Where this is the case we will notify you and explain why we’re unable to meet your request.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. Any changes we make to this notice will be posted on our website with a prominent notice and, where appropriate, we will notify you by email.
If, in the future, we wish to use your personal information in a way not set out in this notice we will notify you and seek your permission to do so.
If you would like to request further information about this notice or the way in which we handle your personal information, please contact us at:
Oldham Seals Limited
Spur Road, Quarry Lane Industrial Estate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8PR
‘O’ Rings Limited
Gravel Lane, Quarry Lane Industrial Estate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8PQ